Novena Prayers to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

1.O my God, I am very sorry for having sinned against Thee, because Thou art so good; help me by Thy grace not to sin again.

2.Opening Hymn Heart of Jesus, Heart of Jesus,

Burning with love for me.
Inflame my heart, inflame my heart, With love, with love of Thee.

3.Novena Prayer

O Most Holy Heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore Thee, I love Thee, and with a lively sorrow for my sins, I offer Thee this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient and pure, and wholly obedient to Thy Will. Grant, good Jesus, that I may live in Thee, and for Thee.

Protect me in the midst of danger, comfort me in my afflictions, give health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, Thy blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death.

4.Recite a decade of the Rosary

5.Litany of the Sacred Heart

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy;

Christ, hear us,
Christ, graciously hear us,
God, the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us
God the Holy Spirit, Have mercy on us
Holy Trinity one God, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, Son of the Eternal Father, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, formed by the Holy Spirit in the womb of the Virgin Mother, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, hypostatically united to the Word of God, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, infinite in majesty, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, holy temple of God, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, Tabernacle of the most High, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, house of God and gate of heaven, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, glowing furnace of charity, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, abode of justice and love, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, full of kindness and love, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, abyss of all virtues, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, most worthy of all praise, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, King and centre of all hearts, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, wherein are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, wherein abides all the fullness of the Godhead, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, in whom the Father was well pleased, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, of whose fullness we have all received, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, desire of the eternal hills, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, patient and abounding in mercy, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, rich unto all who call upon Thee, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, source of life and holiness, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, atonement for our iniquities, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, overwhelmed with reproaches, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, bruised for our sins, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, made obedient even unto death, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, pierced by the lance, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, source of all consolation, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, our life and resurrection, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, our peace and reconciliation, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, Victim of sins, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, salvation of all who trust in Thee, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, hope of all who die in Thee, Have mercy on us
Heart of Jesus, delight of all the Saints, Have mercy on us
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.

Let Us Pray

O Almighty and Eternal God, look upon the Heart of Thy dearly beloved Son, and upon the praise and satisfaction He offers Thee in the name of sinners and for those who seek Thy mercy; be Thee appeased, and grant us pardon in the Name of the same Jesus Christ, Thy Son,

Who livest and reignest with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit for ever and ever. Amen.

6.Burning of Petitions

Let us ask the Sacred Heart for any favours we wish, and also to bless us all and keep us together. (Sing a Hymn).

7.Petition Prayers

(a) O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I fly, I come to Thee, throwing myself into the arms of Thy tender mercy. Thou art my sure refuge, my unfailing and only hope. Thou has a remedy for all my evils, relief for all my miseries, reparation for all my faults, Thou canst supply for what is wanting in me in order to obtain fully the graces that I ask for myself and others. Thou art for me, and for us all, the infallible, inexhaustible source of light, of strength, of perseverance, peace and consolation. I am certain that my importunity will never weary Thee; certain, too, that Thou wilt never cease to aid, to protect, to love me, because Thy love for me, O Divine Heart, is infinite.

Have mercy on me then, O Heart of Jesus, and on all that I recommend to Thee, according to Thy own mercy, and do with us, for us, and in us, whatsoever Thou will, for we abandon ourselves to Thee with the full, entire confidence and conviction that Thou will never abandon us either in time or eternity. Amen.

(b) O Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to Thee, to be without pity for those who are suffering or in distress. Look down, we beseech Thee, on us, and grant us the grace which we humbly, and earnestly implore Thee, through the Immaculate Heart of Thy sorrowful Mother to whom Thou did confide us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with Thee. Amen.

8.Consecration Prayer

O most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of mankind, behold us prostrate most humbly before Thy altar.

To Thee we belong; Thine we wish to be; and, that we may be united to Thee most closely, we dedicate ourselves each one of us today to Thy most Sacred Heart. Many have never known Thee, many, despising Thy commands, have rejected Thee. Have pity on them, most merciful Jesus, and draw all men to Thy Sacred Heart. Rule, O Lord, not only over the faithful who never have gone away from Thee, but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned Thee, and make them return quickly to their Father's house, lest they perish of misery and hunger. Rule over those who have been misled by errror, or separated by schism, and call them back to the haven of truth and the unity of faith, so that there may be soon be one fold and one Shepherd.

Lastly, rule over all who are sunk in the old superstition of the Gentiles, and vouchsafe to bring them out of darkness into the light and kingdom of God. Give to Thy Church, O Lord, safety and sure liberty; give to all nations peace and order; and grant that, over the whole earth from pole to pole, may resound the words, "Praise be to the Divine Heart through which was brought to us salvation, glory and hanour be it for ever." Amen.

(A partial indulgence is granted to the faithful who piously recite this Act of Consecration of the Human Race to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. A plenary indulgence is granted if it is recited publicly on the feast of Our Lord Jesus Christ the King.)

9.Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed through the Divine Mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

To Jesus' Heart, all burning,
With fervent love for men,
My heart with yondest yearning,
Shall raise the joyful strain.

Chorus:-

While ages course along,
Blest be with loudest song,
The Sacred Heart of Jesus,
By every heart and tongue,
The Sacred Heart of Jesus,
By every heart and tongue.

O Heart for me on fire,
With love no man can speak,
My yet untold desire,
God gives me for Thy sake.

In Tamil:
இயேசுவின் இருதயமே -என்றும்
எரிந்திடும் அருள்மயமே-உந்தன்
ஆசியும் அருளூம் சேர்ந்து வந்தால்-எங்கள்
ஆனந்தம் நிலைபெறுமே


இறைவனுக் கிதயமுண்டு-அந்த
இதயத்தில் இரக்கமுண்டு-என்றும்
இரங்கிடும் இறைவன் இருப்பதனால்-எங்கள்
அனைவருக்கும் வாழ்வு உண்டு


பாவிக்குப் பொறுத்தலுண்டு-அந்த
பரலோக வாழ்வு உண்டு-நாங்கள்
கூவிடும் குரலை கேட்பதற்கு-இந்த
கோயிலில் தெய்வம் உண்டு


Efficacious Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

1.O my Jesus, Thou said "Verily I say unto you, ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened to you", behold I knock, I seek and I ask for the grace of ..... (Pater, Ave, Gloria)

Sacred Heart of Jesus I put all my trust in Thee.

2.O my Jesus, Thou said "Verily I say unto you, whatever you shall ask the Father in My Name, He will give it to you", behold in Thy Name I ask the Father for the grace of ..... (Pater, Ave, Gloria) Sacred Heart of Jesus I put all my trust in Thee.

3.O my Jesus, Thou said "Verily I say unto you. Heaven and earth shall pass away but My words shall not pass away" behold I encouraged by Thy infallible words, now ask for the grace of ..... (Pater, Ave, Gloria)

Sacred Heart of Jesus I put all my trust in Thee.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, to whom one thing alone is impossible, namely not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of Thee through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Thy and our tender Mother.

Recite the 'Hail Holy Queen' and add, 'St. Joseph, foster Father of Jesus, pray for us'
(This novena prayer was recited by Padre Pio, everyday)





Chaplet of the Sacred Heart

(On the Crucifix)

O Jesus give us Thy Heart as a pledge of Thy love and as a place of refuge that we may find there a secure repose during our life and sweet comfort at the hour of our death.

Our Father
3 Hail Marys
The Apostles Creed

(On the large beads of the Rosary - 5 Times)

Thee I adore, praise and love O Sacred Heart of my dear Jesus penetrated with grief at the thought of so many offences which have been hitherto committed against Thee in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. I offer up to Thee in satisfaction there of the amiable Heart of Thy most beloved Mother with the merits of the saints. Amen.

(On the small beads of the Rosary - 50 Times)

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, burning with love of us, inflame our hearts with love of Thee.

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக